Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My top 3 of Ravelry patterns

I know a lot of knitters who have collected a huge amount of patterns from everywhere. They share those patterns with each other but it seems that they still doesn’t have enough because they always look for more and more. I don’t do that. I wouldn’t be able to find anything in such a huddle if even I really needed something. I could never study them all because of lack of time. Sometimes I take a look on designs somewhere in the web or magazines, admire those which seem to be really interesting but I never collect patterns and never try to make the same thing. I never think: „What a beautiful cardigan, I have to knit such for me.” I usually think: „What a beautiful cardigan, unfortunately it is already made by someone else, so I must not even try to copy it.” Inspiration means for me just that I have to get spirit and ideas to find my own mountains to climb.

I run through my favourites list on Ravelry. So -my top 3 items:
This pattern from Tudor Roses inspires me very much. Gentility and elegance of passed centuries, wonderful jacket:
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/katherine-howard
Look at this adorable patchwork blanket! I could never imagine that so strange shapes can be combined together without holes. It inspires me to play with shapes:
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/an-african-adventure
I have fallen in love with these beautiful dragonflies. They inspired, no, even forced me to acquire new skill – felting:
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/filztraum/libellen-tanz-my-ravelympic-feltproject-2010

8 comments:

  1. My goodness, that last on is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first one is a stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Katherine Howard jacket is amazing and knit in fingering yarn. It's in my faves now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What amazing designs. Those are definitely something to aspire to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo, I love the blanket with all the curved lines - I don't usually think of knitting and circles together! That one is going in my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of those are gorgeous but I really love the blanket I am going to have to take a closer ook at that one for sure.

    ReplyDelete