Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Crocheter plus mathematician


Is there anybody who still has not heard about a profesor of mathematics and a crocheter Daina Taimina whose book "Crocheting Adventures with Hyperbolic Planes" is published last year? Please, visit her site: http://www.math.cornell.edu/~dtaimina/ Mathematics is not boring anymore.

I have at least one point in common with her - we both are from Latvia. And there is also at least one point in which we are in opposite positions. Her planes are hyperbolic. Mine - as I have already described in my post before - were spherical. Unfortunately I have never met this lady but if we meet one day we both together maybe could crochet a normal flat plane. LOL!

3 comments:

  1. I wish I knew what you were on about but my maths has never been strong :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't heard of her, but her work looks amazing! I love this topic today, I'm finding lots of amazing knitters and crocheters :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love maths. ;-)

    ReplyDelete