Friday, April 30, 2010

Where I like to do THAT

I put on my bed anything I could need (needles, yarns, notes, scissors etc). Then I watch TV and knit. I hate to be disturbed during that. Nobody may touch anything of my tools or yarns or knittings (that means the safest way to avoid this is not to come in the house at all). This is how my bed usually looks like:

I have no problems to knit in publics (The most interesting reaction was from my neighbour who said: "You knit??? My god, I would better chop wood than knit." I was also very surprised at such a weird choise but finally that's even good that some people prefer choping wood, because somebody has to do that as well). I have knitted in train, bus, and even during lessons at school (hundreds years ago, lol), I don't like to loose time. But actually I have not many projects suitable for outside home knitting - my projects often uses many yarns or perpetual calculations, or consists of many small pieces etc. So it's always better to knit at home. As every normal knitter I dream of a special knitting room, forbidden for other family members.

5 comments:

  1. My bed is one of my favourite locations :) so comfy and can have everything to hand

    ReplyDelete
  2. A special room for knitting sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I ever win the lottery I am going to buy a house with lots of land & build a little guest house in the back just for knitting lol...I can dream right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love knitting in bed. My stuff is always spread all over too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A big, soft chair, and a cushion for my feet! A cat in my lap (a cat that will behave, of course), a little fire and someone who would read to me. Now THAT would be knitting nirvana.

    ReplyDelete